First up was the V-berth stateroom. There was a mish-mash of fixtures in the master, including one ugly fluorescent. I pulled apart that fixture, and hijacked the switch. Then we installed the strip lighting under the overhang to the switch:
20 minutes later the entire master stateroom was lit:
Then we moved into the main cabin
I cut the strips along the pre-marked lines, and installed them along the inboard of the curtain track, and tied it into the same switch as the undercabinet lights we did for the countertops project. Then I soldered wires to the next strip, and created some indirect lighting effects:
Only a couple hours’ work, and we have much more light, at much less energy usage throughout the interior.